Today I took down the last of the holiday decor, my favorite part, the cards. One dropped on the floor next to my makeshift buffet piece where I saw a present still sitting from 2 Christmases ago. Unused.
My mother bought me an espresso maker a few Christmases ago when she was low on money for the holiday. Still, at my age, she'd never let me go without. It was my first Christmas after being diagnosed with MS, a burden that not only I bear, but my mother took on as well. Helping me with bills and extra money when I couldn't work from relapses. Dammit if that woman still didnt charge up her Macy's card to give me presents to open.
This happens too often on holidays. People who love you go broke or spend what they can't just to put "things" into your life and under the tree. Out of all of mom's gifts that year, the espresso maker was my favorite. Who doesn't love coffee?
But, like most holiday build up, I haven't used it. Whether it be for no company, counter room, need for that big of a jolt that often, or that I never found a cup set. I see my mother's wonderful intentions and love wasting on my shelf.
Mom has done so much to help me since I had my daughter, since I got sick, since I was born. I dont need an item on my shelf to prove it. And id rather sell it and give her some cash to finally buy herself something than keep it brand new on the shelf in fear she will be hurt.
So, todays item to sell is a DeLonghi EC5 espresso maker, never used, still in the box, smothered in love from my Mom. The sale will go to her, whether she likes it or not.
I posted some of the bigger items on ebay, I know they take fees, but I am getting a pile and the point is to get rid of things. The small stuff I will just sell via contact or donate to the local thrift store for lupus at the end of the project.
Contact for offers via email. Ebay listings under angel2213101.
I want a coffee maker, but I will always need my mother. Here's to mom and her Macy's bill.
Still listed on ebay check ebay handle angel2213101. Taking best offers. For private sale and pickup contact via email.
ReplyDelete