Monday, January 14, 2013

Day 2

My dog is named Betsey after the purse she was enamored with when I first found her. After that, it became an excuse to virtually buy stock in Betsey Johnson. Anyone that has come across me in the last 6 years knows my slight Betsey fetish. It got really bad when I was at school in SoHo and the Betsey Boutique was right around the block. My first set makeup kits were Betsey luggage. Yes. That bad.
Today I worked with a photographer who was one of my first teammates and became a dear friend and peer in the industry. Not to mention an unbelievable human being. This is a man that although his photography resume and fashion week work for the past 20 years is all anyone dreams of, he spends his time counselling troubled youths, preaching at his church, helping models new to the business, and travelling the world to spend months at a time helping those who need it in depraved countries. That is just a few examples of the person John is. I wish I could travel and help people. With my daughter and my wonderful MS that hates hot weather, I dont know how I could.
If anyone sees want vs. need its John.
So, for day 2, I'm ready to give up this frivolous and once sentimental Betsey Johnson purse. I thought it meant so much. Reminding me of school, the fun I had on many of my first sets, seeing old friends from afar and getting dolled up... ocassions, memories. I dont need a silly purse to remind me of those wonderful times and I feel almost like a bad person for owning anything after hearing from John how those children live.
I am selling this purse for $30. 100% of the sale will be donated to the place John tells me needs it the most. Thank you John, thank you Betsey, and thanks ahead to any buyer or reader. Lets all take a page from Johns book. Want vs. Need, folks.

1 comment:

  1. Still no donations/hits on ebay! Pass the word! Ebay handle angel2213101.

    ReplyDelete