Sunday, January 20, 2013

Day 8

https://support.barbellsforboobs.org/individual-fundraising/Drost

Today is an item I have been waiting to use for charity and wouldn't you know it, the charity I needed came along to me last night.
My Aunt worked over 30 years as a Coach and was taken by breast cancer in 9 months just a short time ago. I've lost more people in my family to cancer than I can count anymore. When she was doing treatment, I did a Komen walk for her and grabbed these pink coach sneakers as a joke since she and everyone else in that family are athletic,  and I am not. I wore the sneakers for the Komen walk and never wore them again. 
Today, I am getting ready for another coach,  her sister and my step mother's retirement party, as well as a childhood friend who had both these coaches in school as teachers donation link. She recently lost her mother, and I figure these sneakers should belong to someone else and another charity now. As time goes on, we step from funerals to birthday parties and retirement celebrations. We still remember all those who we've lost, but continue living for them. Coincidentally,  another childhood friends mother did this walk with me and she just lost her mother the other day to cancer as well.
The donation link is at the top of the blog and thats where the profit from this sneaker auction will go.

Remembering many today, sending hugs across the country and just around thr block as well as personally giving them in a few hours for my stepmother.

Feel free to donate. Im going to on my own past the auction,  and any coach loving sneaker size 8s out there,  bid up this auction for a good cause that links to numerous people in my life and friends lives.

Day 8 feels right.

1 comment: