Friday, January 18, 2013

Day 6

I'm already beginning to see how this project may not be so easy. Today, I spent hours cleaning and going through our huge 3rd floor storage space, music helping me on my cleaning journey, hoping, yet again, I'd find a special item to part with that also had a good story for this blog.
The hard part is not realizing what you can part with. That's actually quite a liberating and exciting feeling. It also doesn't take any special genius to post an item for sale on ebay, or scribble a blog on their phone for that matter. The hard part is maintaining the very point of the project for not just myself, but the encouragement for anyone who reads. It may seem contradictory that I begin a project to truly discover want vs. need, and then post items for people to purchase. Here's the thing, folks... "One persons trash is another ones treasure". This is why the stories are Important. If you ARE going to buy anything- not just from me- make it worthy. The very NEED to WANT is embedded in our nature. Many women want a Betsey Johnson bag, but do not see the need or any connective value. The Betsey bag is not a listing for a purse. It's a listing for a donation to charity with a bonus of something you may want I for donating. (Read day 2). Many people do not donate because they get nothing from it. Its sad but true. Day 2 gave you a stepping stone.
As far as other listings, like I said, ones trash is anothers treasure. Somewhere on this planet, there are a group of friends who love The Office TV show. Instead of all getting trashed at a bar and individually spending over 100 $, I listed a set with a game for half the price. This proverbial group can have fun hang out nights together playing a dvd game. Remember Clue? In these economic times, to a the right people, one item can lead to nights of endless fun. A mom who is superwoman and loves espresso can buy the espresso maker with comfort knowing shes givibg back to two other superwoman moms. Its a different item than one off the shelf. Its a story when making espresso for company, or a reminder while making each jolted brew that its worth it to be up late still cleaning or working through exhaustion.
The boots I thought people would figure out. "Walk in another person's shoes for a day". I have a had nany days where simply walking becomes a luxury. Multiple Sclerosis hit me at 28. Walk for me. Walk with pride, head up high, simply because you can. That feeling alone, trust me, is priceless. Sadly, most about don't see these luxuries until they are gone. Id rather walk than have the boots. You'd rather have the boots than my legs. Its just the will of the universe.
A while back, as a young one in Catholic School, I remembered one sermon from our priest. I didnt pay attention often, so I knew it meant something. It did and still does. The long/short of it was that you can't expect to be see the world or c whats really there if you are always wearing dirty glasses or the wrong ones for your eyes. Our ability to see is one of our most important gifts. Use yours wisely, friends.

For those who have not been seeing so well, im posting not one,  but three pairs of sunglasses up. Ones that never quite fit my vision, but will hopefully improve yours.

Betsey Johnson White Aviators
Betsey Johnson Blue Lace retros
Michael Kors white retros.

First buyer gets a free pink case to protect their vision.

Ebay: angel2213101

Contact from blog for offers and I will take off ebay and discount for blog readers. Now for the plug... share thr blog. Remember, if you dont I need it or want it, someone c else out there does. ;)

2 comments:

  1. I had to get rid of tge last pair... the Michael Kors white retros. A huge scratch was on a lens. What a waste. Never worn. This is what happens when you do not really need something. It sits in a drawer unused and gets damaged.

    ReplyDelete