Monday, January 21, 2013

Day 9

This project is actually getting difficult. One week in and I am hitting road blocks. This makes me like the idea so much more. I have already set my mind on certain things that I absolutely could not part with, such as books, music, and family heirlooms.
Today I took up to cleaning again and decided to attack one of the 7 storage closets I have. Dont get too excited, that huge space with 7 closets is deemed unlivable by town code because it has no heat or fire a escape, so now its just storage and junk, basically a fire hazard. Go figure.
I saw some objects I haven't seen in years that I considered putting up. 80s colored coral necklace and bracelet sets from Long Beach Island. I figured it just another effort for Sandy relief, but sadly, upon further inspection, they need good cleanings. Next I saw a box of fragile figurines from childhood. All porcelain Disney. I know there are collectors for that and could put it towards finally taking my daughter to Disney World this summer, but I got scared to mail them in their delicate forms via ebay. If one broke, I'd feel horrible,  and I figured it best to wait on those until more sales came to pay to ship them properly.
I guess another difficulty is seeibg an object that has some meaning to you, may be worthless to most other people. Then what? Do I just throw these memories in the trash? I just cant get myself to do that,  I still have hopes for good homes.
Ebay is a great source to get rid of things, but it is fickle. Fees pop up for both ebay and PayPal,  their shipping calculations are not always exact, and buyers that use the site are particular. I dont mean particular just with condition, I mean they dont even give certain items a glance over. Now I find myself looking for things to cater to ebay more than sentimental stories to pass on or cooler objects that wouldn't make the ebay cut.
I have plans in the works for days of pure large bulk donations,  consigments, and yard sales, but I'd still like an object just for this blog everyday. I'd like to be able to help or pass on directly as well.
So, todays items will yes, list on ebay, but if a friend needs them, ill cancel the listing and just help with shipping. Its a cokd week, and with a child, every Christmas,  she gets winter clothes from everyone. One year, she got 4... yes 4 pink bubble vests. I'm putting 2 up. She never wore them. One she did, and the other I gave away. Most of my friends have toddlers or boys and its hard to help with all these beautiful and brand new hand-me-downs, which to moms is always a blessing well received.
So day 9... one 6-7 old navy vest and one 6-7 gap vest. (The ruffled one in darker pink is the gap). Never worn without tags from hanging in the closet for 3 years. Dont follow size for vests, my child got these at age 4 as a peanut and at 9 could probably still fit. The only kids clothes reusable for years.

Please pass the blog. I notice some of the days the blog gets the most hits are the days for charity, but yet those have the fewest hits on ebay. Tisk tisk.

Ebay id: angel2213101. All the items from the blog are there with the exception of the smaller items from day one and the sold bracelet from day 4. Keep warm all!

No comments:

Post a Comment