Sunday, January 13, 2013

Day 1

Day 1

A while back, I came across an article about a new book. I've been wanting to read it since, but decided with the new year to use the welcomed idea and read the book upon completion of my little project based on the idea.
The book is called "100 things". Has anyone read it? If so, don't give it away! The article summarized the book, essentially the idea of want vs. Need in such a consumer soaked society and limiting posessions down to 100 items.
As with most right now, the economy is killing us and the one and only "thing" we all want and save for in this apartment with a crappy landlord and pavement backyard is a home. I have decided to start a project of my own for 2013 and get rid of something everyday. It may not get me down to 100 items, but selling 365 items may help us build that house savings account up just a bit further and get rid of "things" at the same time. Learning what is truly important or special and what simply isn't. As today is the 13th day of the new year, I've picked 13 small items to start and each day I will add another. I cant wait to see the result by December 31st!

So, yes, todays first blog is not all that powerful and interesting, simply an introduction to get the ball rolling.

The first 13 items are: "The Office" Seasons 1-5 and the DVD "board game" to go with it. I also have a beautiful set of 6 crystal coasters, a set of Egyptian Candle hokders with candles, DVD "Whatever Works", "The Spirit","21" all watched once, and finally, a nice column candke holder set.

I'm sure the time will come for the Coach bags, all the expensive high heels, my $1500 limited and numbered Pearl Jam never played CD set and much more expensive items,  but fir days 1-13 I'm starting small.

I'm not using ebay, their fees along with paypal when using ebay really take a chunk out. Anyone interested, I will be listing here each day and giving my paypal address for payments. Even if you dont want to buy, subscribe and pass the word...the project itself may just get interesting.

For purchase: email aliciazeringo@gmail.com
                              Same email for paypal.

Thanks! And away we go!

3 comments:

  1. Ugh. It posted the draft with my typos. All apologies. I am doing this via phone and I'm still getting used to the S-Pen and autotype.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. It posted the draft with my typos. All apologies. I am doing this via phone and I'm still getting used to the S-Pen and autotype.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whatever Works, 21, and The Spirit DVDs are taken. The Office lot is posted on ebay under angel2213101. All other items so far are up for grabs. Since they are small and pointless for ebay, contact via email through the blog if interested in private sale. All items under $10.

    ReplyDelete