Well, the first item sold. Monday I will be off to the post office to ship out the Harley Bracelet.
Yesterday, as I said, I did some significant cleaning through my huge storage area. One part of which is my art studio. I have paintings sitting there from past exhibitions that I couldn't part with and had gotten serious big bucks offers on. Some I will never let go, but if youre going to create anything new, "out with the old", as they say. For me, and my fellow artist friend fro my high school, it's more like "wave goodbye".
Back in 1997, in high school art class, she and I were THE artists. She was always so talented, in a Box way much different from my style, but we both clicked. She was the only one of my various friends that liked Nine Inch Nails as I did. We peeled away from school a few times just blasting March of the Pigs. Ahhh... the days.
About 5 years ago, we reconnected through facebook and had a great time bringing back the laughs we both needed at tge same times. Artists alwats find each other once they bond and connect to other artists. We continued to see each other through her work schedule as a lawyer, and mine on set for any independent film I could take. Lugging my kits to her apartment for a week long filming just b because I'd be working so much id have no time to commute from north jersey. She I knew the no time life well. Working almost 22 hours a day for her partners, blackberry never resting. We lost I ourselves as artists for a bit.
Then nine inch nails announced the last tour, wave goodbye. We had to. And for one sunday in Jones Beach, we said goodbye to 20 years of music, common interest, and experiencing the peace of the blackberry not going off or exhaustion from 108 hours on set in 5 days, we saw how we needed to change and I wave goodbye to what we didnt like about our lives before the likes were gone.
I wrote to a friend and galery owner yesterday to see if she had room for a couple of the paintings I decided I could part with. One if which was there before, a Reznor portrait. He's been exhibited twice and was always listed NFS (not for sale), even with a 7k offer. I'm not ebay-ing my art. No. There's a limit. And when looking at it, some huge starfucker could buy it, and in 5 years, my And my work could be in the trash. I knew the only I thing to do, the place the huge painting belonged, was with Valerie. I posted on her facebook and asked if she wanted it. I was surprised and taken back that my dear friend and fellow sister in art immediately texted me and was able excited and honored to have it.
Valerie's acceptance of the offer was alone worth more than any monetary offer for the piece and I know that the only place on this planet it will ever belong, is with her.
Next weekend, I will wave goodbye to my painting and say hello to Val for lunch.
2 items on their way out. One sold, one priceless. Thanks for all of it Val. See you soon.
Pictures added for you all to wave goodbye to Trent, too. Lol.
No comments:
Post a Comment