Thursday, January 17, 2013

Day 5

Today I thought for two hours in the doctor's office wating room about what I should blog and give up for Day 5. I waited for some miraculous sign that would come along and instantly link me with a quaint backstory. Nothing. On the way home, I thought about "nothing". How many people have nothing, how many material items I have, dont use, or bought for no reason. I thought about waste. I thought about how lucky I am in the grand scheme of things. And there it was. Lucky.
3 years ago, when I first got sick, and learned very fast that all my beautiful and expensive high heels were out of the question, what did I do? I shopped the Internet for MORE expensive shoes that had no heel. Hey, step one of coping. I found this amazing and very expensive pair of Lucky Brand goatskin knee high combat boots and without a thought, stupidly turned super consumer and spent $225 plus shipping. The worst part? 3 years later, I've never had a chance to wear them. Still in the box, all wrapped up with nowhere to go, piled with all the other shoe boxes in my closet that fall on my head. Well, whaddya know. I turned nothing into lucky.
Today I will list and swear to get rid of the nothing, much like the never ending story of consumerism that envelops us to the point we dont see how Lucky we are. Bye bye boots.

Ebay: angel2213101
Contact email on blog for outside offers. Help share the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment