Well, the inevitable happened. Now I am sick. I asked about something they could give me when I took the man to the doctor and was told "once you get the flu, you're immune to getting it again". Uh huh. Thanks, Doc.
Anyway, I'm really surprised at all the friends writing to me on Facebook really taking to the blog and project. Keeps me going. Even when I can barely see from my sinuses being so swollen. I like the fact that blogging even small challenges and knowing people will read forces me to reach my goals. I may just use this blog to quit smoking. We shall see. Baby steps.
So yesterday I promised I'd either upcycle my grandmother's pot holder or throw it out. I did both. The only salvagable piece was the heart design. I cut it out and even cut the loop to hang. I chucked tje rest of it. One of the times I miss my grandmother the most is when I am sick. She would always show up with homemade soups, stuffed artichokes, cake, and all sorts of goodies. She never let me be alone and sick. It simply was not an option. Even when she was 82 and could no longer drive, this woman took an 8 hour bus trip to come and see me after I had major spinal surgery. Nothing could keep her away. Stuffed artichokes have vitamins, yes, but it was more her comfort and care. I decided to take the salvaged heart and its hook from the potholder and turn it into a natural hot/cold pack. I have to back it and stuff with flax seeds, lavender, eucalyptus, lemon balm and chamomile. I figure I could transform the useless no memory pot holder into grandma's comfort when anyones sick. So, a homeopathic pack it shall become.
One of my readers wrote to me yesterday admiring the blog. For today, I have something to part with that screams her name. I'd rather not post pictures as id like to just surprise her in the mail. I assure you something is being given up with a story I shall expain in the card I send with the object. I know this will put a smile on her face. Wanting an object is one thing. Knowing another person would smile and love it more is another. Thanks for the inspiration to keep blogging, day 26 is yours.
The blue lace betsey sunglasses didnt sell on ebay as the others did. If anyones interested, contact.
Stay well all!
No comments:
Post a Comment