Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Day 51 Good Friends and Good Finds

Sometimes getting rid of material items just falls into place. In high school, we all traded each others clothes and "went shopping" in our friends closets. If we really wanted to wear it again, we knew where the items were. Most of the time,  we were happy with our trade outs.
I have one pair of jeans left. A friend of mine had a whole bin of jeans and let me look for a few pairs. 3 fit perfectly. Today, I went around my drawers and closets and thought of what she would like. And the items I found... I never wear. Go figure. They're her style. They belong to her. I made an entire bag for her to pick and choose clothes and jewelry. The one necklace I asked her to take and take care of because it was a gift, but due to its content, I couldn't have it in my house anymore. Nothing dirty or crazy... just personal reasons I couldn't even hold on to it. She promised she'd take care of it and I know she will love it.
Have a trading party. You're never too old, and when you need jeans, it helps get what you need and get rid of what you don't and no one spends a dime. I have space in my drawers now. And I made sure to make my bag equal so that trading is fair. I highly recommend going back to trading.  Today I dont have just one item I'm letting go, but an entire bag. Jewelry, clothes, housewares, kitchen fun, etc. And in turn, I have 3 pairs of jeans I needed. Good friends and good finds.

No comments:

Post a Comment