Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Day 36 Technology for Dummies

I currently have 4 computers in my house. None of them are working.
I just spoke with an old friend who does excellent IT work to see of he could come by and salvage at least the two newer laptops. I was hoping to salvage my desktop or my daughters, but they are both in the Stone Age.
I have held on to these old non working computers. Why? With the money I have spent through the years calling Geek Squad and rebuilding, I could have bought a brand new one.
I have been trying to SAVE money, even try to make a little and so far this project has wound up costing me. Who thought it would COST to get rid of stuff? Ebay, shipping,  donating... I've already spent more in 36 days than I made on two sales of a harley bracelet and Chanel scarf. That's insane.
Now I know it comes time to spend more. It is pointless to keep 4 computer fossils. So for today, I'm going to clear my files from the oldest and junk it on the curb. If the laptops don't have an easy fix, same. My daughters computer, ditto. And with some tax money, we need to get a good running computer for all of us to use. I've been blogging and running 2 businesses off of my phone for 36 days. No.
If anyone's a tech junkie and is interested in computer parts or monitors, contact before I chuck them. Here's where I get rid of 4 big objects that are worthless but hard to part with due to the cost of a new one. I have to bite the bullet here. Hopefully some more things will sell and help to go towards the family computer.
This is by far the most difficult to get rid of yet. I know its because upgrades cost, and we all do this. However, old computers are bad decoration and clutter.  If they do not work or function, that's exactly what they are, whether we like it or not. I have to say goodbye to the fossils and a good chunk of our savings,  but it needs to be done. Perfect example of the reverse. I dont want to, but I need to.

No comments:

Post a Comment