When people walk into any home, they always look at what's on the wall. I have a lot of nice pieces and family photos, but other peoples artwork. I do not have one piece of my work hanging. Whether I never got it framed, or it didn't fit the room, who knows. My bedroom wall is a collage of random pieces from a sidewalk artist in NYC from NOLA to 8x10 frames of creative magazine photography. It looks great, but its empty. These works aren't mine. They're not the mans or the childs... so what's the point?
I need frames for my daughter's soccer and school photos and the man came home yesterday with a photo of a "weld" to show me. It was actually a very creative photo with excellent composition and feeling. I attached to it and want an 8x10 of it. At first, he looked at me surprised. I don't think anyone saw the beauty in his work except for him, but I see with different eyes, and I saw art on a simple welding photograph. Things are coming down out of all these frames and instead of buying new ones and hanging more, I'm saying goodbye and putting new and more familial pieces up. I have a mixed media canvas about imagination that I did years ago and never saw any worth to it (typical artist) buty daughter did, loves it, and it will now have a home in her room.
Take a look at what's on your walls. Is it really YOU? Or is it empty deco to fill a space? Start filling in yourselves. I'm going to.
I won't get rid of other artists works. I appreciate and love them, as I'd want mine to be loved by a buyer. But the worthless pieces, gone. Time to put up my work, the mans weld, and encourage my daughter to be imaginative and color her walls with her work instead of the fridge or an album. Plaster your walls with YOU and your home will truly be YOUR home. ;)
Saturday, February 2, 2013
Day 33 Framing My Life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment