Well, I am pleased to announce that almost everything from January is gone! Yesterday, I found a good home for the coffee maker, all 3 pairs of sunglasses, the egyptian candle holders and the toybox! I even gave my friend a few more things like a puzzle hopscotch game for her son. Her and I will have a date with Renie in March for the consignment and donation bins, which actually gives us more time and incentive to get rid of more. There's 3 items left on ebay, the Lucky Brand goatskin bomber boots, the 2 pairs of Anthropologie pants, and the Betseyville purse for charity. The only private sales left are The Office seasons 1-5 DVDs and DVD board game lot and the crystal coasters.
Now, still stuck on the necklace, I'm posting it today on the blog, and if I can get on the one working laptop, I'll be listing it on etsy instead of ebay and putting the dvd lot on craigs list. Hopefully they will all go.
For today, I have to really think about a past blog where I spoke of getting rid of insignificant items from those who have passed on. One person in particular I have several items from that are virtually meaningless to anyone except for me, such as a purple mirror. I did give a bunch of things to his mother, but the other bins and random scatters I just can't part with yet. I'll work on it.
People don't just leave your life by death. Sometimes for one reason or another, they just aren't around anymore. I was reminded of this when I saw some collectables still in boxes on my shelf. I was going to sell them off, but I knew of a person from my past that would light up just to receive them. I gave them to a friend of mine that knows said past friend and had her take the credit for passing them along. I don't want or need the credit and it gets 2 items out and some past gone too. So for today, I'd rather not name the objects as I'd like to just be anonymous but I promise, they're out of my house. C'est la vie.
Moving on...
Thursday, February 7, 2013
Day 38 Past is Prologue
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I forgot... I cannot list on etsy unless it was handmade by myself or someone in my company which it was not. One last ebay listing. Its under the ebay handle angel2213101. Remember, if you help any items sell, I'll give you 10%. Make sure buyer mentions your name and the blog. ;)
ReplyDelete