The whole point of this project is to keep up with it everyday. Some days have been trying because of ebay issues or trying to find a story behind an object. Today is just trying because after yesterday (read the blog) my brain just isn't working.
In reference to the project, now, instead of wanting to get rid of "meaningless objects", I find myself attaching to anything and everything. It's fresh. I know wounds heal, but this one will leave a huge scar.
I really need to get myself to do something today, step one is this blog. Apologies for the lack of excitement, but its a huge step for me to even write.
I got an idea for the soap side business a few weeks ago, mainly due to my lost friend. He always opened my brain to great ideas. Last year, I sent a big care package to him overseas. He knew my care packages all too well. I do have fun making them and put a lot of fun and care into it. I thought with all the business revamping and "theme" baskets that we should do a military themed one. A basket of homemade soaps and shave bars for men and women serving with any special adds as per the family or friends request. I found bulk blank dog tags and camo paper wrap online to supply to make them. Now instead of the list of new items to make first, this will shoot to the top of the list. They will be "Scott's Overseas Care Packages". I've been trying to buy some bulk candles from a friend of a friend (ex military) that started a candle business and has been doing nothing but candles to help. Whether its veterans, Rockaway, Breezy Point... his heart is making candles and donating. I'm going to ask him for bulk prices for a specialized candle for Scott and set up the profits in an account for his soon to be son.
I have to arrange everything, but today im giving up my profits from the few sales frim this project and putting them into the supplies to make the care packages. And believe me, these will have more care in them than most. I'm buying all I can with what's left on my paypal. Money can't bring anyone back, but a care package to a soldier overseas can go a long way.
Saturday, February 9, 2013
Day 40
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment