Yesterday I went out all day and got a ton of errands accomplished, one of which was shipping out 3 of the gifts from the blogs. Afterwards, I set out to get a print of the weld photo from yesterday's entry. The man brought the wrong SD card and we still have to print it. I also wore the purple skirt and took some good pictures in it from another previous blog. I got a giggle because the tag said "uncivilized forever your style". After that, and the compliments, as well as the sentiment, I think I'm going to keep that one and make sure to wear it now. The other purple dress needs a good home and I'm looking for a person to pass it to.
Another story to be shared happened yesterday as I went out in search of a purple necklace to wear for the party and the skirt. I didn't need to spend much as I am trying to get rid of things and save. My journeys took me right by an expensive jewelry shop. The woman took one look at me in a sweatshirt and jeans and told me to go somewhere and buy plastic. We went in there to look, I had just gotten my taxes in, and who knows, the man could have been trying to surprise me for Valentine's Day as he doesn't really go into the jewelry stores. The way that woman treated us was so unnerving.
Across the street was a small shop with handmade jewelry and Native American pieces. I figured I'd try and look again. As soon as I walked in I saw the perfect necklace. It couldn't have fit better. A handmade piece with a large amethyst drop. The women were so nice to me, and we chatted for quite a while. We talked about the blog, places we'd been, the story of the skirt, even my side business to which they became instant customers. I bought the necklace and promised the nice women I'd come back and say hi again. I beat myself up all day because the necklace was 118 $. How could I do that with all I am trying to accomplish? I couldn't break their hearts and go back in for a refund. I was so upset.
My phone was going off yesterday as I mentally beat myself up over the necklace. A dear friend of mine got serious damage to her home and living space from the heavy rains, In the worst of all possible times. They cant afford to fix the problem and they cant afford to up the homeowners insurance to fix it when it rains next. They're essentially losing a home they put tons of money into and got screwed with the economic pitfall of the country like so many others. They are stuck. We started an indie go go to raise some cash to help, but all the friends that offered help, in various ways, suddenly disappeared. It hurts. This happens to all of us. We help everyone, my friends and I. We are always there for anyone who needs us but always left in the dust with zero explanation. We've been through it too many times.
I thought about that and thought on the necklace. And you know what? Im happy I bought the damned thing now. Its handmade, and one of a kind. Not to mention, these women took me in, enjoyed my company with no judgement, and want to buy my homemade work. The other woman, I wasn't good enough for. I'm tired of people like that. Im tired of people that treat others as instantly expendable because they are self centered and empty human beings. Im tired of buying huge bags full of baby gifts for a friend for it to sit here for a year because I cant even get an answer back on when to drop it off. I returned it. It hurt, but I dont need to spend all this money and time on people that flip flop. Id rather pay 118 for good people that deserve it and stay in touch or money to get my friends indie go go started because when the mans mother was sick and alone and we are 4 hours away, SHE drove around the block ASAP to check on Momma for us. Those arent just acquaintances or friends... thats family! I've had "friends" for over 20 years that I let shit on me. I've even let family break my heart. I do not need (neither do you) ANYONE that treats you as less, like the snot in the first jewelry store.
Today, find who YOU NEED. Ask yourselves this... if you were injured or sick and needed help in some way, who would be there without question? Write those names down and get rid of the rest. Sounds cold, but believe me, its better than getting repetitive hurtful treatment. I learned the hard way. I had just gotten diagnosed with MS ( on kabor day weekend). I couldn't see out of my left eye and had to get an IV at the hospital for an hours treatment. I called everyone in my phone. People I have known for decades, for a ride to the hospital. I had to delete over 40 "friends" from my phone that had a "barbeque" to attend or never returned my messages. I cried through the taxi and the entire IV as I sat there scared and alone. That was the last time. I got rid of all the crap I did not need anymore.
The quote for the day is from "What Dreams May Come". Sometimes when you lose, you win. A wonderful movie about literally travelling to hell and back. Think hard on who would take that journey for you. I'll think on being treated like garbage at the first store and although spending, I gained friends, customers, and people who didn't look at me the way the first woman did. I may have lost the money and I may not have bought the "better" necklace, but I won with the way I was treated and that was worth 118 dollars to me. Give it to the non judgemental woman that made a one of a kind necklace by hand. She deserves it. Now... what do you deserve????
Never let anyone tell you in any way, shape, or form that you're only good enough for plastic crap. Go for the people that think not only you're worth a diamond, but to them, are one.
Sunday, February 3, 2013
Day 34 Sometimes When You Lose, You Win
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment